Saturday, February 22, 2014

One for the burn pile

Wednesdays open painting session was, well interesting. I probably did not pick the best position to paint from and ended up with an awkward angle. Most of the session I painted with my glasses off as an experiment. I tried to capture the feel of the tutu and the form of her face but did not get a close likeness. When I came home I photographed my work and then wiped the canvas clean to use for something else.

I pulled out some cheap acrylic paints and some cardboard canvas panels for the kids to paint on. They all had a great time working on it. Next time I need to use some paints that are of a little bit better quality. Nathan painted the picture of himself hanging up laundry on the line. I always love seeing how they perceive things.

No comments:

Post a Comment