Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year New Focus

Last year I worked on developing a more regular painting schedule and increased my painting output from 7 completed in 2012, to 21 completed in 2013. I hope to increase that number even more in 2014.

This year I am focusing on developing the business side of being an artist. I have been developing a better records system and have all of my paintings entered into a spreadsheet. I am planning on signing up for a sales tax id, in anticipation of lost of sales. This weekend I am attending a  "Mastering the Business of Art" workshop taught by Jill Banks, a successful local artist whose work I have been following.

The holidays were a joyful mix of traveling, family, celebration. We went to see both sets of grandparents and enjoyed both the farm and the beach. It was a little cold over all but we did have a few warmish dry days in both locations.

One of my presents was a plein air easel.  It was so exciting to go out and paint on site, what a difference this easel makes.
My first plein air painting, "Edge of the Marsh"
 
"Egg Scale" still life

 Quilted Purse Christmas Present

Marion loving on the bunny!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment