Monday, January 6, 2014

Dancing the night away

Tonight I spent working on a wedding painting for a dear friend. There were so many wonderful things about their wedding but something about their shoes during their first dance really seemed to me to capture the evening. Their shoes show such a great combination of retro relaxed and unique, exactly what their wedding was. I am painting thicker than normal on this painting because I feel like the shoes need to have a more expressive paint technique than a normal portrait would. I want the strokes to convey the motion and the energy of their dance.
 
Goose was given the go ahead to eat at the table like a big girl. She was quite a sight with no shirt and only one sock on, covered with soup. The table and chair ended up being quite a mess but she was so proud to be a big girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment