Friday, November 30, 2012

Grandma Lucille's Hands

 It has been a very long time since my last post but I have gotten alot done. Primarily bringing a new little beautiful life into this world. My baby girl was born in August and then after two weeks of recovery the 3 kids and I went to visit my parents farm in KY for 2 months while my dear husband traveled for work .  We had a great time helping with farm chores, getting to know new friends, and exploring at the cabin in the woods.
Before the baby was born I completed Grandma's hands and made several quilts.
I designed this quilt for my son because the kids room has a bird theme and he likes the color black. what better bird to go with black than these adorable owls. The quilt is machine peices and appliqued, machine quilted with hand quilting details around the stars and inside the window.
I am currently working on many quilting projects for christmas presents and getting into the swing of being at home with three little ones. I am eagerly looking forward to starting several new paintings soon, There were several great photo opportunities on the farm that might make nice paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment