Saturday, March 31, 2012

Hogan

I was very excited to get photos from my trip to the farm in the mail yesterday. There are so many good photos from which to choose. I am very excited to work on several of them.

 I chose to start with a head and shoulders pose of my parents neighbor Hogan. He is such an interesting guy and could talk to you for hours if you had the time to sit and chat. I asked him to pose with some of his instruments and have pictures of him holding his banjo and some where he is sitting down with his guitar. He performs with several musical groups and is very good. The banjo he was playing he assembled by himself from various instruments.

I hope to paint him with one of the instruments soon but chose to start with this pose because I am not sure how large of a canvas I should use for a full body portrait.

I made this painting about full scale.


So far I have only been blocking in the shadows and starting to develop some of the areas in light. I was very pleased with the days work and am looking forward to working on it again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment